Jul 11, 2016

How To Ramp Up Your Weight Loss Efforts


If you are looking to add a little extra get up to your weight loss efforts, then you have to think creatively. Weight loss is a way of life, and it means that you actually keep the weight off afterwards too through lifestyle changes that you make. So let me tell you about some things I've been doing lately to help my efforts when trying to lose weight.



I really focus on my exercise plan. There are two things here that I make sure that I do. First, I make sure that I commit myself to each workout and do not miss any of them. In order to do this, I switch up activities often, and I find people to work out with. This keeps me inspired and motivated. Second, I do things outside of my exercise regimen that find me getting that extra activity in each day. For instance, I take a walk after dinner with my husband. Now, this is enjoyable and our alone time, but it's also exercise as well. Another example is when I take the stairs when coming back to my condo. I live on the 7th floor, and that gives me a little extra workout a few times each day. I actually enjoy it because I know I am working towards my weight loss goals.



You see, it's very important that you make those little decisions that can aid in your weight loss. Each small decision builds on another, and this means when it comes to the activities you do, the foods you eat, and just about everything you can dream up. If you really think about it, there are so many opportunities to impact your weight loss in a positive way each day.



I also like to do a little juicing. My favorite breakfast used to be biscuits and gravy. Sure I have the less fat option of this breakfast from time to time, but I have to really think about what I'm eating. I have really gotten into juicing for breakfast. I can have a delicious smoothie that provides me with all the nutrients I need to jump start my day.



One of the worst things you can do when trying to lose weight is to eat too late in the day. It's worse than skipping breakfast. I found myself a few times eating too late at night, and it felt like it took days to get myself back on track. You see, your digestion doesn't get a chance to do its thing properly.


One other thing I like to do is to enjoy cooking. Sure, I don't have the time sometimes, but I sure do like to try. For instance, I'll look up recipes online that provide a way to eat my favorite foods with less calories and fat. You think I'm going to go without eating chocolate? I make my chocolate recipes, and I find ways to eat just about everything I like from time to time.

No comments: